Access your home’s equity to
pay for life’s major expenses.
Apply today and enjoy a special introductory
rate of 2.49% APR
Apply before March 31, 2014 and enjoy a special introductory rate of 2.49% APR for the first 6 months of the life of the line (4% to 6% variable APR after that).
You can use a BBVA Compass Equity Optimizer® Home Equity Line of Credit to pay for major expenses like home improvement projects, education expenses, medical bills, or even taking a dream vacation. It can also be an effective way to consolidate debt, typically at rates lower than credit cards and other loans.
Choose a Home Equity Line of Credit:
- Access funds now or in the future with this flexible revolving line of credit
- As the balance owed is paid down, it becomes available again during the draw period
- Funds can be accessed through a VISA® Platinum Credit Card, Convenience Checks, advances at a Branch or by Phone (Texas Residents Only: State law prohibits credit card access to your line of credit and requires a $4,000 minimum per advance.)
- Potentially tax-deductible interest (Consult a tax advisor for more information about the deductibility of interest)
- Special closing costs options available*
* BBVA Compass Equity Optimizer® Home Equity Line of Credit: Collateral/Loan Terms: All loans and lines of credit are subject to program eligibility, underwriting and collateral requirements and approval, including credit approval. BBVA Compass must receive a valid first or second real estate lien on a primary residence occupied by the borrower. Offer does not include manufactured homes or Equity Optimizers® secured by purchase money mortgages. Property insurance required including flood insurance, where applicable. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Special offers available only on applications received between 1/1/14 and 3/31/14 that close by 5/15/14. Federal and state law restrictions apply to all home equity loans and lines of credit. Texas Loan Terms: Maximum credit line cannot exceed 50% of appraised value of property. BBVA Compass must receive a valid first or second real estate lien under Article XVI. Section 50(a) (6) of the Texas Constitution on a primary residence occupied by the borrower. Home Equity Line of Credit: Minimum line amount is $10,000. Minimum payment of $75 or total amount outstanding whichever is less. $50 annual fee charged on the first anniversary of the line and every year thereafter (not applicable in Texas). $75 fee for each fixed rate option, waived for the first transaction. HELOC APR: 4.00% - 6.00% variable. Interest rate will vary based on The Wall Street Journal U.S. Prime Rate. Maximum APR not to exceed 18%. Minimum APR (floor rate) in effect at closing will apply after expiration of promotional period (currently 4.00%). The introductory offer of 2.49% APR for the first six months of the line of credit is valid for new lines of credit $50,000 and over with a loan to value (LTV) of 75% or less for applications received between 1/1/14 and 3/31/14. Other rates available on lines of credit less than $50,000 and higher LTVs. Maximum Interest rates do not include costs other than interest. Closing Costs: For a limited time, you can choose between bank-paid or borrower-paid closing costs on new BBVA Compass home equity products with amounts ranging from $10,000 to $250,000. Credit requests for less than $10,000 or more than $250,000 shall be subject to actual closing costs incurred and permitted by law. Closing cost offer not available with refinance of a first mortgage. Rates advertised are based on the borrower paying all applicable closing costs. A higher rate will apply to your loan/line of credit if you choose to have the bank pay your closing costs. Closing costs paid by the lender will be recovered by the lender if the borrower pays the loan/line in full within two years (not applicable in Texas).