Looking to Renovate?
Let us help you finance your next renovation project. Learn more about our mortgage, home equity loan, and home equity line of credit options.
- Home Maintenance
- Renovations and Improvements
- Major Renovation
- Tips for Renovation
- Loan Options
If you've been dreaming of a bigger kitchen, an updated bathroom, or simply some additional living space, a BBVA Compass home remodeling loan or line of credit can give you the money you need to complete your dream improvements.
A home improvement loan could help you pay for easy repairs or more complex remodeling jobs. BBVA Compass has a variety of ways to finance your vision.
Renovations and Improvements
We offer an extensive amount of experience building new homes and renovating existing ones. In addition, we offer a complete range of site services to help you develop your land.
Increase the value of your home or simply make your home more comfortable and beautiful to live in. Let BBVA Compass move you closer to improving your home.
Tips for Renovation
Consider some of these key points that could make or break your budget before updating your home.
Get funds for minor to major home repairs. Learn more about your home repair loan options from BBVA Compass.
We’ve got your covered from minor to major, floor to ceiling home repairs.
BBVA Compass offers a number of loans that can help you finance the curb appeal or major renovation of your home. There are a number of advantages in using the equity in your home from gaining potential tax benefits to lowering your monthly payments. Since interest rates on home equity financing are typically lower than other credit cards or personal loans, you could enjoy the benefits of lower monthly payments.
Renovations and Improvements
Are you a renovator or a DIY-er?
We are well versed in the construction loan process and we can serve as a valuable resource to individuals in the market to build. If you are considering renovating a home, feel free to contact us. We can guide you in the right direction and make your dream home a reality.
Whether the improvements you envision are large or small, necessary or optional, BBVA Compass can help you explore your major renovation loan options. Our renovation loans may help you if you have found a home you love that needs a little work or are a current homeowner with little equity but want to remodel. Our loans may also assist you in increasing the value of your investment rental property.
Tips for Renovation
Here are some common renovation tips to make your renovation a success:
- Choosing the right contractor – choosing the right contractor has the most impact on the success of the project and your overall enjoyment with the renovation experience. The contract price and the quality of the project vary from contractor to contractor. That’s why we recommend you talk to several contractors to compare bids and select the contractor you feel most comfortable with. Investigate your contractor before signing the contract. Review the references and inspect previous projects if you can.
- Match the project with the home – Over improving a home could result in less than desirable value improvement or negatively impact the functionality and marketability of the home. Choosing the right improvements is very important to your long-term enjoyment of the home.
- Monitor the project – As the owner, it’s your responsibility to protect your investment. You should regularly meet with the contractor to inspect the project for quality and adherence to your plans and specifications. Make sure you project is on budget and the expected time line. Address any concerns or issues you have quickly. Being involved in the project will help ensure your satisfaction with the finished home.
One-time Close Renovation Loan
Renovating a home may seem like a complicated process. That’s why BBVA Compass makes financing simple with our One Time Close Renovation Permanent program.
Home Equity Loans and Home Equity Lines of Credit
Our home equity loans and home equity lines5 of credit provide financing options for home improvement projects, debt consolidation, miscellaneous expenses, large purchases, and other unexpected expenses. Explore our home equity loans and home equity lines of credit options today.
5 All loans and lines of credit subject to eligibility, underwriting and collateral requirements, and approval, including credit approval. BBVA Compass is a trade name of Compass Bank, a member of BBVA Group. Compass Bank, Member FDIC and Equal Housing lender
Loans subject to program eligibility, collateral, underwriting and approval, including credit approval.
Request More Information Submit Request
Call a Mortgage Specialist 1-888-8-LENDING
In-Person Meeting Find a Local Mortgage Specialist
- Buying Your First Home
- Buying Your Next Home
- Refinancing Your First Mortgage
- Refinancing Your Second Mortgage
- Cash Out Refinance
- Borrowing Against Your Equity
- New Construction
- Mortgage Options
- Fixed Rate Mortgages
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Jumbo Loan
- Government Loan Programs
- Specialty Loans
- Second Mortgage
- Check Rates