NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. States and D.C. 18 & older. Void where prohibited. Promotion begins on 10/15/13. Entry Deadline 11/14/2013. Contest Ends 01/15/2014. See below or visit bbvacompass.com/go/greatideas/social/rules/ for Official Rules and contest details. Sponsor: BBVA Compass, 15 South 20th Street, Birmingham, AL 35233. BBVA Compass is a trade name of Compass Bank, a member of the BBVA Group. Compass Bank, Member FDIC.
2013 BBVA COMPASS SMALL BUSINESS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: 2013 BBVA Compass Small Business Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age and older, who own a business with a gross revenue of $5,000,000 or less (“eligible business”), or aspire to own a business, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at time of entry and who did not apply for a loan or open an account with BBVA Compass for the purposes of entering the Contest ("Eligible Participant"). Business owners with a gross revenue of more than $5,000,000 are not eligible to enter this Contest. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members (whether related or not), of BBVA Compass (”Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC, YouTube LLC , (“YouTube”) and Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), Vimeo, LLC.(“Vimeo”), SlideShare Inc. (“SlideShare”), and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Contest or are connected to this Contest in any way are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. US law governs this Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Vimeo, SlideShare, or YouTube. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Vimeo, SlideShare, or YouTube. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Contest.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. CONTEST TIMING: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 10/15/13 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/15/14 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest will consist of five (5) Phases (as further described in section 4 below) and two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded.
4. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Contest invites Eligible Participants to submit a Photograph or Video, with a short description of 250 characters or less depicting their next “Big Idea” for small business (collectively the “Entry”) through the application tab on the BBVA Compass Facebook page located at www.facebook.com/bbvacompass. During Phase 1, which will run from 12:00:00 AM ET on 10/15/13 through 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/14/13 (“Entry Period”), Eligible Participants will have the opportunity to submit their Entry, for consideration. During Phase 2, which will run from 10:00:00 AM ET on 11/15/13 through 11:59:59 PM on 12/15/13 (“Community Voting and Judging Period”) all eligible Entries will be displayed on the Contest application tab and members of the online community will be given the opportunity to vote for their favorite Entry. At the same time, a panel of expert judges will score the Entries. During Phase 3, which will run from 12:00:00 AM ET on 12/16/13 through 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/1/14 (“Determination of Finalists”) up to a maximum of 5 (as determined by Sponsor) top-scoring Entries will be determined from a combination of the online voting scores and expert judges’ scores (each such entry a “Finalist Entry”). During Phase 4, which will run from 12:00:00 AM ET on 1/2/14 through 11:59:59 PM ET 1/15/14, each Finalist Entry will be displayed online and members of the online community will be given the opportunity to vote for one (1) Grand Prize winner, and a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor will review each Finalist Entry and determine the other Grand Prize winner. All online votes will be tallied and the top Finalist Entry which receives the highest number of valid votes in Phase 4 will be declared a Grand Prize winner, and the top scoring entry determined by the panel of judges in Phase 4 will be declared a Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. Phase 5 will take place on 1/20/13, when Grand Prize winners will be notified and will, after eligibility has been verified and the winner has returned all required documents, have their Entries featured on the application page located at www.facebook.com/bbvacompass (“Winner Announcement”)
PHASE 1 - HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, Eligible Participants must go to the BBVA Compass Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bbvacompass, and click on the “Big Idea” application tab, then “allow” the “Big Idea” application in order to access the Contest. Entrants must complete the following during the Entry Period: (1) Complete and submit the Contest entry form by providing the information required: first and last name, mailing address, email address that is associated with your Facebook account, and Twitter ID (optional). (2) Upload a photograph, or provide a link to a video you created depicting the “Big Idea” (“Contest Theme”) and uploaded on YouTube, Vimeo, or SlideShare. (3) In the space provided on the entry form, describe in 250 words or less the “Big Idea”. To submit a video, an Eligible Participant must first have a YouTube, Vimeo or SlideShare account, and upload the video at www.YouTube.com, vimeo.com, or www.SlideShare.net. If an Eligible Participant does not have a YouTube, Vimeo, or SlideShare account they can go to www.YouTube.com, vimeo.com, or www.SlideShare.net respectively, and sign up for a free account. All videos must be in accordance with the terms and conditions associated with a YouTube, Vimeo, or SlideShare account. Entry must be in the English language, Video must not exceed 5:00 minutes in length, and the photograph must be in either JPG, GIF, or PNG electronic formats and may not exceed 2 MB in size. Videos must clearly depict the Contest Theme. The photograph or video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind. Limit one entry per person/Facebook ID, regardless of photo or video format method of entry Subsequent entries submitted by the same person/Facebook ID will be void. All components of each Entry must be submitted online in accordance with these Official Rules and received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 11/15/13 in order to be eligible. Sponsors database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Contest. If a dispute results as to the identity of an online entrant, it will be determined that the online Entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook ID from which the Entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to a Facebook ID by Facebook. If an entrant changes his/her telephone number, email address and/or street address after he/she enters the Contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor by postal mailing or email notice to Sponsor’s address (listed below) to be received by the end of the Entry Period.
Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and may not be offensive, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any Entry, proper names or usernames, likenesses, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes in all media (including, but not limited to, the internet) without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By submitting a photograph or Video, a participant hereby acknowledges that they own or have secured all rights to use, publish and copyright the photograph or video. Photographs and videos must be unpublished and may not have won any prize or award. Modifying, enhancing, retouching or altering any photographs provided in connection with this Contest in any way may disqualify the Entry, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. An entrant may be required to provide a release to the Sponsor for the submitted photograph, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a photograph is taken by another party (Photographer), Contest entrant must receive permission from the Photographer to submit the selected photograph in the contest.) The photograph or video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. The photograph or video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The photograph or video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of any state where the photograph or video is created. In the event the likeness of a minor is included in an entrant’s Entry, entrant must provide a legal release from the parent/legal guardian of the minor depicted in the Entry.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO MODERATE ALL ENTRIES BEFORE THEY ARE POSTED FOR COMPLIANCE WITH OFFICIAL RULES, OR TO REMOVE ANY ENTRY POSTED TO THE WEBSITE THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS CONTEST. IF ENTRY IS REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE BY SPONSOR, ENTRY IS AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IN CONNECTION WITH THE ONLINE COMMUNITY VOTING SITE DESCRIBED BELOW. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THEY WILL NOT USE THE ENTRY FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, POSTING THE ENTRY TO ANY ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORKS, WITHOUT THE EXPRESS CONSENT OF SPONSOR IN EACH INSTANCE. Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, damaged, garbled or misdirected Entries, photos or videos. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
Videos shall not have been made (in whole or in part) by, nor shall they include, individuals who are: 1)represented under a contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the video as permitted by these Official Rules; 2) subject to a contract that would make such individual's appearance in the video a violation of any third-party rights; or 3) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent Sponsor from being able to use the video worldwide in all media in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without payment or fee obligations.
For all Photographs and Videos: Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the photograph or video (if any) to use their name and likeness in the photograph or video and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Submitting a photograph or video constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such photographs or videos in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the photograph or video. If you post updates to or receive updates from Facebook.com via your wireless phone, message and data rates apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its message and data pricing plans. All Terms and conditions of Facebook.com, Vimeo.com, SlideShare.com, and Youtube.com apply (as applicable).
PHASE 2 — COMMUNITY VOTING AND JUDGING PERIOD: All eligible Entries will be posted on the Contest voting site (“Community Voting Site”) accessible on the “Big Idea” application tab at www.facebook.com/bbvacompass during the Community Voting and Judging Period from 10:00:00 AM ET on 11/16/13 through 11:59:59 PM on 12/15/13. During the Community Voting and Judging Period, members of the online community (including Entrants) who wish to vote must follow the directions to register and submit their Registration Form (“eligible voters”). Eligible voters may vote for the Entry of their choice using the following judging criteria: (i) Business Plan Feasibility — 30%; (ii) Quality of Submission — 35%; (iii) Creativity — 35%. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per eligible voter throughout the Community Voting and Judging Period. Votes may only be submitted through the Facebook application. Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. All votes must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 12/15/13 in order to be valid. During the Community Voting and Judging Period, all entries will also be judged by a panel of expert judges selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion based on the above criteria. If any Entrant is found to be soliciting votes in return for a purchase or payment of any kind, or any other form of consideration or inducement, such Entrant may be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means or practices, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements, to members of the public and/or using any websites designed to induce individuals or provide other incentives to vote for their Entry, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of script, macro or any automated system or practice to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Any attempt by any voter to obtain more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other method will void that voter’s votes and that voter may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Finalist should the voting appear to be tampered with or manipulated in any way.
PHASE 3 — DETERMINATION OF FINALISTS: Phase 3 will begin at 12:00:00 AM ET on 12/16/13 through 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/1/14. During this time, all judges’ scores will be combined with the results of Community Voting from Phase 2 to determine the finalists. Finalist scores will be based on Judges Score (85%) and Community Vote (15%) Sponsor reserves the right to disregard any votes it deems ineligible or fraudulent. The five (5) top-scoring entries will be declared potential “Finalists” and will move on to Phase 4. Becoming a Finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to the criteria listed above. Decisions of judges are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
Potential Finalists will be notified on or about 1/2/14 by U.S. mail, overnight mail, email, or telephone using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential Finalists may be required to provide copies of Intellectual Property (IP) Releases (if applicable) and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where legal, a publicity release and a federal and state tax release and return same, properly executed, within 48 hours via fax and within five (5) days of issuance of notification via regular U.S. Mail. Failure to return any or all documents fully-executed within the specified time period, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, may result in disqualification and a runner-up Finalist may be notified.
PHASE 4 — DETERMINATION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNERS — Begins 12:00:00 AM ET on 1/2/14 through 11:59:59 PM ET 1/15/14, during this period, the five (5) Finalist Entries will be posted at www.facebook.com/bbvacompass for Community Voting. Members of the online community (including Entrants) who wish to vote must follow the directions to register and submit their Registration Form (“eligible voters”). Eligible voters may vote for the Finalist Entry of their choice using the following judging criteria: (i) Business Plan Feasibility — 30%; (ii) Quality of Submission — 35%; (iii) Creativity — 35%. Voting is limited to one (1) vote per eligible voter throughout Phase 4. Votes may only be submitted through the Facebook application. Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same Facebook account. All votes must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on 1/15/13 in order to be valid. If any Entrant is found to be soliciting votes in return for a purchase or payment of any kind, or any other form of consideration or inducement, such Entrant may be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means or practices, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements, to members of the public and/or using any websites designed to induce individuals or provide other incentives to vote for their Entry, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of script, macro or any automated system or practice to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void. Any attempt by any voter to obtain more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other method will void that voter’s votes and that voter may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Finalist should the voting appear to be tampered with or manipulated in any way. During the Determination of Grand Prize Winners phase, judges will review and score all entries submitted by the Finalists using the following judging criteria: (i) Business Plan Feasibility — 30%; (ii) Quality of Submission — 35%; (iii) Creativity — 35%.
The Finalist whose entry receives the highest number of valid Community votes will be declared a potential Grand Prize winner, and the Finalist who receives the highest score from the panel of judges will also be declared a potential Grand Prize winner. In the event the Finalist with the highest number of votes from the Community Voting and the Finalist with the highest score form the panel of judges is the same, then the Finalist with the second highest number of Community Votes will be selected as a potential Grand Prize winner. Winning is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules. Grand Prize winners will be notified via U.S. mail and/or overnight mail and/or email and/or telephone on or about 1/16/13. In the event of a tie, the Finalist Entries involved in a tie will be reviewed by an additional judge appointed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, who will serve as a tie-breaker and who will evaluate the tied entries according to the judging criteria listed above.
PHASE 5 — WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT - During this Period, the entries of the two (2) Grand Prize winners will be posted on www.facebook.com/bbvacompass on or about 1/20/13.
5. PRIZES: Two (2) Grand Prizes: $10,000 (awarded in the form of a check) delivered to the address provided with the Contest entry, Via UPS within 6-8 weeks for of prize acceptance. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $10,000 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $20,000. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All prizes claimed will be awarded. If a winner is at least 18 but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prize. Limit one prize per person/email address.
6. WINNER REQUIREMENTS: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, or fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be determined by the criteria described above, in Sponsor's sole discretion. If after three (3) attempts a Grand Prize winner is not confirmed, the Grand Prize will remain un-awarded.
7. GRANT OF LICENSE: By entering the Contest, entrants grant Sponsor, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrant has in their Entry, photo, video, short description and optional long description in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the Contest, entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the Entry, photo, video, short description or optional long description (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee’s sole discretion, to publish and use the Entry, photo, video, short description or optional long description for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate entrant as the creator or author of Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to entrant on, or in connection with, any Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees.
By submitting a Contest Entry, Contest entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Contest Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such Contest Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Contest Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Contest Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Contest Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Contest Entry or other works used by Sponsor. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Contest Entry to be posted on www.facebook.com/bbvacompass or other websites. Contest Entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry.
8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each entrant represents and warrants that: 1) he/she is the original author and creator of the Entry and that the Entry complies with these Official Rules; 2) the Entry is original, has not been previously published and has not previously won any award or Contest; 3) the Entry does not and will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; 4) that the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; 5) the Entry is not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contain illegal content, or otherwise objectionable; 6) the Entry does not encourage a criminal offense or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; 7) the Entry does not display any logos or trademarks not owned by the Entrant; 8) the Entry does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or any 3rd Party. Entrant acknowledges that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, VIMEO, SLIDESHARE AND EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSOR'S WEBSITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, damaged or garbled Entries, photos or videos, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an Entry, photo, video, or vote. Releasees are not responsible for any fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by the Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials or votes that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may void any Entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes using the judging criteria specified above from among all eligible Entries/votes received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this Contest via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Alabama or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alabama. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Birmingham, Alabama.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 1/22/14, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 1/22/14, to: 2013 BBVA Compass Small Business Contest Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
15. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: BBVA Compass, 15 South 20th Street, Suite 1202, Birmingham, AL 35233. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
© Copyright 2013 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.