Enjoy our Online and Mobile
Banking and you could win
$10,000 to pay your bills!
More connected. More personalized. And definitely more rewarding.
Be more connected. From your home, phone or anywhere. With our innovative Online and Mobile Banking, you’ll enjoy new financial tools and a personalized experience.
And to help you better connect with your finances, we’re giving you an opportunity to disconnect from your bills with our $10,000 Online and Mobile Banking Sweepstakes.
Between September 1 and September 30, 2013 you’ll get one entry for each of the following qualifying activities you perform through Online and Mobile Banking (as applicable and when available):
- Make an Online or Mobile Bill Payment
- Perform a Mobile Deposit®
- Transfer money between your account at BBVA Compass and your account at another bank using the Transfer Between Banks service*
- Pay people with the Popmoney® personal payment service
- Set up an automated account alert
*$3.00 fee applies to transfers from your BBVA Compass account to another bank using the Transfer Between Banks service
One person will win $10,000 which can be used to help pay his/her bills through Online and Mobile Banking. There are three $1,000 second prizes and Ten $500 third prizes.
That’s definitely banking in sync with your life.
Account credits will be deposited into the checking account used for qualifying activity no later than December 31, 2013. Account credit may be subject to income tax reporting.
** ONLINE OR MOBILE BANKING WITH BILL PAY ACCOUNT CREDIT: Promotional offer available for BBVA Compass consumer checking account customers that have not made a payment via the Online or Mobile Banking Bill Pay Service since 1/1/2013. To receive the $10 account credit, accountholder must (1) not have paid bills using Online or Mobile Bill Pay from any BBVA Compass checking account on which the accountholder is a signer or owner since 1/1/2013; and (2) pay one (1) bill for at least $50 to an unrelated third party via the Online or Mobile Bill Pay Service. Bill payments must be processed electronically through Online or Mobile Banking and must be made between September 1 – September 30, 2013. Payments made by check or person to person (Pay People) payments do not qualify. Transfers made from PayPal, ING Direct, or from accounts owned by the customer (or related parties) at other financial institutions do not qualify. Each bill payment must be made to a unique payee. Two or more bill payments to the same payee will result in only one qualifying bill payment. Payments made by a third party debiting your account do not qualify. Only one account credit will be paid per customer. Employees of BBVA Compass are not eligible for this offer. Other limitations may apply.
Account credits will be deposited into the checking account used for qualifying activity no later than December 31, 2013. Account credit may be subject to income tax reporting.
Mobile Banking: Message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless carrier about such fees or rate plans.
Mobile Deposit: subject to eligibility and further review. Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details, including information on funds availability. Currently available via the BBVA Compass Mobile App for iPhone® (4 and up) and Android™.
Mobile Deposit® is a registered trademark of Mitek Systems, Inc.
iPhone® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Popmoney® is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
BBVACOMPASS ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE, ACCOUNT, TRANSACTION OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL ENTRIES, WHETHER ONLINE, MOBILE OR MAIL-IN, HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The BBVA Compass Online and Mobile Banking Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of September 1, 2013. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Employees and agents of BBVA Compass ("Sponsor"), Tenthwave Digital LLC ("Administrator"), and each of the foregoing entities’ parents and affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, trustees, client financial institutions, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective agents, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, the "Releasees"), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, of the above are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING: Begins at 12:00:00 AM Central Time ("CT") on 9/1/13 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on 9/30/13 ("Promotional Period").
4. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this sweepstakes: automatic entry and via U.S. mail: 1) Automatic Entry: An eligible BBVA Compass accountholder enrolled in BBVA Compass Online and/or Mobile Banking will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry each time he/she initiates one of the following five (5) actions through the BBVA Compass Online Banking or Mobile Banking (as applicable and when available) applications between 9/1/13 and 9/30/13 : 1) pays a bill through Online Banking or Mobile Banking; 2) initiates a transfer between his/her BBVA Compass account and his/her account at another financial institution through Online Banking (a $3.00 fee will apply to transfers made from a BBVA Compass account to an account at another financial institution. Other fees may be charged by other financial institutions for transfers made into a BBVA Compass account.) 3) initiates a Mobile Deposit through Mobile Banking (subject to eligibility); 4) Initiates a Pay People with Popmoney transaction through Online Banking 5) Set up an Online Alert, as available. All transactions may not be available through all channels. Availability of certain transactions may be subject to meeting eligibility requirements. Availability of BBVA Compass Online and Mobile banking applications not guaranteed and data rates may apply. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on 9/30/13, in order to be eligible. Consumers must be enrolled in BBVA Compass Online or Mobile Banking in order to be entered via this method. 2) To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: Hand-print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, email address and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on a 3" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: The BBVA Compass Online and Mobile Banking Customer Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 918, Plainview, NY 11803-0918.Mail-in entries must be postmarked by 9/30/13, and received by 10/7/13 in order to be eligible. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
Entry Cap: There is an entry cap (limit) of 100 entries per entrant during the Promotional Period regardless of the method of entry.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 10/18/13 from among all eligible automatic and mail-in entries received and combined. The random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by overnight or U.S. Mail and/or telephone/email on or about 11/21/13 and the all potential Prize winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release, a publicity release where legal, and federal and state tax releases, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within 48 hours of notification and via U.S. Mail within 5 days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in such potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
6. ODDS: Estimated odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000 cash, to be automatically deposited into the Prize winner’s BBVA Compass account. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, or if a winner does not have an account with BBVA Compass, the Prize will be awarded as a check payable to the winner. Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $10,000. Three (3) First Prizes: $1,000 cash, to be automatically deposited into the Prize winner’s BBVA Compass account. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, or if a winner does not have an account with BBVA Compass, the Prize will be awarded as a check payable to the winner. ARV: $1,000 each. Ten (10) Second Prizes: $500 cash, to be automatically deposited into the Prize winner’s BBVA Compass account. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, or if a winner does not have an account with BBVA Compass, the Prize will be awarded as a check payable to the winner. ARV: $500 each. Total ARV of all prizes is $18,000 . All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All prizes claimed will be awarded. If winner is 18 years of age or older but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian. If the account with the winning entry is a business account, the Prize will be deposited into the BBVA Compass account of the business. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, or if a winner does not have an account with BBVA Compass, the Prize will be awarded as a check payable to the business. Any transactions in eAccess and done on analysis accounts are not eligible for this sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per household.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements including social media, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in or entering this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of a prize. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss of damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winners. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes, nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of a prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of a potential winner, including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports, and entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary under law, potential winner shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify a potential winner based on the results of the background check or failure to properly authorize such check. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award a prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Alabama or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alabama. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Birmingham, Alabama.
11. WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners, available after 12/1/13, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope by 12/31/13, to: BBVA Compass Online and Mobile Banking Customer Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
12. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: BBVA Compass, 15 South 20th Street, Suite 1202, Birmingham, AL 35233. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
New to BBVA Compass