The perfect account for your everyday banking needs.
This account includes:
- Personalized Check Card - Add your favorite photo, and use it to make purchases anywhere Visa® is accepted.
- Free ATMs - Use over 1,000 BBVA Compass ATMs at no charge.
- CompassPoints Rewards - Earn points on Qualifying Purchases that you can redeem for everything from gift cards to plane tickets to cash.
- Online Banking with Bill Pay - Manage your accounts and your finances from your computer.
- Mobile Banking - Bank with your mobile device.
- Online Statements - Receive your account statements electronically and avoid a Paper Statement Fee.
- MyCompass - Powerful personal financial tools to manage all of your accounts, wherever they are.
- E-mail Alerts - Set up alerts to help you keep track of your money, your bills, and more.
- $2,500 Identity Theft Insurance - You’ll be compensated for qualified expenses incurred in the recovery of your stolen identity.
The $10.95 monthly service charge will not apply in statement cycles when you meet at least one of the following requirements:
- A qualifying direct deposit of $300 or more, OR
- An average daily collected balance of $1,500 or more, OR
- The primary accountholder is a student under age 25, OR
- The primary accountholder is enrolled in the BBVA Compass Preferred Client PLUS Program and maintains qualifying balances of $100,000 or more.
See important terms and conditions for Build-to-Order Checking.
$25 minimum opening deposit required. Accounts and Check Cards subject to approval. Additional terms may apply. Refer to your account disclosure for details. Products, features and benefits offered with accounts are subject to change. Miscellaneous fees and service charges may apply.
Direct Deposit: Qualifying direct deposit (ACH credit) must be from an unrelated third-party, such as an employer or Social Security. ACH transfers from accounts you own at other financial institutions do not qualify. Student Status: To apply for Student Status, the primary accountholder must present an active student ID. The monthly service charge will not apply for a period of up to 5 years, or until the primary accountholder reaches age 25, whichever comes first. Preferred Client PLUS: Enrollment in the Preferred Client PLUS Program is subject to eligibility. Qualifying balances include: consumer checking, savings, and money market accounts, principal balance on loans and lines of credit, outstanding balance on credit cards, and 50% of CD balances, but exclude: first lien mortgage loans, investment, insurance, trust, and business accounts.
Online Statements: You will automatically receive a paper account statement by mail with a Paper Statement Fee of $3. The Paper Statement Fee is effective September 30, 2011, but may be applied to your account as late as December 31, 2011. You can avoid this fee by turning off your paper statements and receiving your account statements electronically through Online Banking. Visit bbvacompass.com/go/paperless/ for more information.