Mobile Payments to BBVA Compass Credit Lines Service Addendum
This Mobile Payments to BBVA Compass Credit Lines Service Addendum (this “Addendum”) applies to the credit line payments service (this “Service”), which is part of the Mobile Banking Service offered through BBVA Compass Mobile Banking. You may use the Service to make payments on your BBVA Compass credit card account, your BBVA Compass home equity line of credit account, or any other BBVA Compass loan or line of credit for which we make this Service available. Payments through this Service will be made using funds debited from a Mobile Account for which this Service is available through the system described below.
- “Credit Line Account” means your BBVA Compass credit card account, your BBVA Compass home equity line of credit account, or any other BBVA Compass loan or line of credit for which we make this Service available.
- “Service” means this payment service offered by BBVA Compass, which may be provided either directly by the Bank or indirectly through the Bank's service provider.
- "Business Day" means every Monday through Friday, excluding all holidays recognized by the federal government.
- "Due Date" means the date on which the payment on your Credit Line Account is due, as shown on the statement for your Credit Line Account. The Due Date is not the date on or after which this payment is considered late.
- "Credit Line Payment Account" means your Mobile Account from which the payment for your Credit Line Account will be debited.
- "Credit Line Payment Account Information" means the account number and routing number for each Credit Line Payment Account.
- "Payment Instruction" means the information you provide through the Service regarding a payment to be made on your Credit Line Account by debiting your Credit Line Payment Account (such as, the payment amount, the Scheduled Payment Date, and your designation of the Credit Line Payment Account to be used for that payment).
- "Scheduled Payment" means a payment that has been scheduled through the Service.
- "Scheduled Payment Date" means the date included in your Payment Instruction as the date on which you want your Credit Line Account to be paid.
Terms and Conditions:
We may offer you the option to use the Service to make one-time or recurring payments on your Credit Line Account using funds debited from your Credit Line Payment Account, subject to the following restrictions and conditions:
- Limitations on Payment Amounts. The Bank reserves the right to limit the frequency and dollar amount of payments on your Credit Line Account.
- Bank's Right to Refuse Certain Payment Requests. The Bank may refuse to honor any payment requests that reasonably appear to the Bank to be fraudulent, unauthorized, erroneous, illegal or prohibited under this Agreement, or as otherwise permitted by law, and the Bank shall have no liability for its refusal to honor these payment requests.
- Payment Scheduling. If we receive your Payment Instructions on a Business Day before the cutoff time displayed in the Mobile Application for this Service (the "Cutoff Time"), your request will be processed as soon as we receive it. If we receive Payment Instructions for a same-day payment after the Cutoff Time on a Business Day or on a day that is not a Business Day, then the Payment Instructions will be processed no later than the next Business Day. Payment Instructions for future-dated payments will be processed on the Scheduled Payment Date if that day is a Business Day or, if the Scheduled Payment Date is not a Business Day, no later than the first Business Day following the Scheduled Payment Date. It is your responsibility to submit your Payment Instructions far enough in advance to assure that we have sufficient time to receive and process your Payment Instructions by your Scheduled Payment Date. You are responsible for any late charge, finance charge, penalty or default or other consequence that may result from your submitting Payment Instructions after the Cutoff Time or on a on a day that is not a Business Day.
- Your Authorization. By submitting Payment Instructions through the Service, you authorize and direct this Service to debit your Credit Line Payment Account according to your Payment Instructions and to apply the debited funds as a credit to your Credit Line Account.
- Reliance on Your Payment Instructions. You understand and agree that we will not verify the terms of any Payment Instructions you submit through this Service. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all information provided to us about each Scheduled Payment, including without limitation your Credit Line Payment Account Information. You authorize us to process each Scheduled Payment in accordance with your Payment Instructions, and agree that we shall have no responsibility for any erroneous information you provide and no liability for any losses you may suffer that arise from or relate to any erroneous information you provide in connection with any Scheduled Payment. If your right to debit a Scheduled Payment from a Credit Line Payment Account is disputed for any reason, any payment applied to your Credit Line Account may be reversed without notice to you.
- Changes to Credit Line Payment Account. Any change in the selection of your Credit Line Payment Account must be made according to the instructions provided through the Service. Any changes you make to a Credit Line Payment Account may become effective immediately for scheduled and future payments, but will not apply to any payment that has begun processing at the time of your change. The Bank shall have no liability for any payment processing errors or any fees you may incur if you do not provide accurate information about the Credit Line Payment Account.
- Returned Debits. You understand that the debits to be made from your Credit Line Payment Account may be returned unpaid for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to insufficient funds in the Credit Line Payment Account, and your failure to provide correct information to the Service about your Credit Line Payment Account. The Service has the right but not the obligation to correct any obvious errors you may have made in identifying the Credit Line Payment Account, and then to resend the corrected debit. The Bank shall have no liability for any returned debits that were sent according to your Payment Instructions, and you accept full responsibility for any fees you may be charged to your Credit Line Account or your Credit Line Payment Account in connection with the return of any such debit.
- Stopping a Scheduled Payment. You may stop or edit any Scheduled Payment (including recurring payments) that has not begun processing by following the directions within the Service. There is no charge for stopping or editing a Scheduled Payment that has not begun processing. Once the Service has begun processing a Scheduled Payment, you cannot stop or edit the Scheduled Payment.
A Spanish version of this document is available as a courtesy to our clients who use Spanish as their primary language. Although Compass Bank has taken every precaution possible to translate the original document correctly, the Spanish translation is only a courtesy to our clients. Please take note that all official documents from Compass Bank will be in English only. Please visit: www.bbvacompass.com/mobile-banking/terms/es/credit-lines.html to view the Spanish version.
BBVA Compass is a trade name of Compass Bank, a member of the BBVA Group. Compass Bank, Member FDIC.