Mobile NSF Alerts Terms & Conditions
Addendum For Mobile NSF Alerts
This Addendum For Mobile NSF Alerts (this "Addendum") contains the terms and conditions for a service offered by Compass Bank to deliver the alerts described below (the "NSF Alert service"). In order to receive the NSF Alert service, you must:
- Have a cell phone or other handheld device that can send and receive information using the technology that supports this Service (a "Mobile Device");
- Sign up for the NSF Alert service; and
- Register the Mobile Device through which you wish to receive the NSF Alert service as provided on the registration instructions provided to you.
It is your responsibility to register your Mobile Device – we cannot register it for you. You will not receive the NSF Alert service until you register your Mobile Device. By registering your Mobile Device in the NSF Alert service, you agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Addendum and you are providing your express prior consent for Compass Bank to contact you on your Mobile Device or at any other telephone number you have provided to us for fraud prevention, servicing, telemarketing, or any other purposes. Please carefully read this Addendum and keep it for your records.
1. This Addendum. In this Addendum, "you" refers to the Compass Bank customer who has enrolled in the NSF Alert service, and the terms "Bank," "we" and "us" refer to Compass Bank. The term "Designated Account" refers to each checking account with us that you identified when you enrolled in the NSF Alert service and about which we will send you alerts. This Addendum covers the NSF Alert service provided outside of our online banking services, and does not apply to any alert delivered through our Mobile Banking Service or to any other product or service. This Addendum supplements the agreement governing each Designated Account (your "Account Agreement"), but does not affect the terms and conditions of the Account Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this Addendum and your Account Agreement, the terms of this Addendum will apply, unless otherwise provided in this Addendum.
2. Technical Requirements. The kinds of Mobile Devices and the telecommunications carriers that support the NSF Alert service are described on the Bank's Web site at www.bbvacompass.com/go/nsfalerts. We may update this description from time to time to reflect changes in the Mobile Devices and telecommunications carriers that support the NSF Alert service. The technical standards required to access and use the NSF Alert service (the "Technical Standards") vary among the types of Mobile Devices and telecommunications carriers that support this service. The Technical Standards are described on the Bank's Web site at www.bbvacompass.com/go/nsfalerts. We may update the Technical Standards from time to time to reflect changes in the technology that supports the NSF Alert service. Any updates to the Technical Standards or the kinds of Mobile Devices and the telecommunications carriers that support the NSF Alert service will be posted on the Bank's Web site. It is your responsibility to check this Web site to make sure that your Mobile Device meets all of the current Technical Standards and your telecommunications carrier continues to support the NSF Alert service
3. Your Contact Information. As part of the enrollment process for the NSF Alert service, you will be required to provide information about you and your Mobile Device, including the telephone number for your Mobile Device, the telecommunications carrier that provides service to your Mobile Device, other telephone numbers you may have, and any e-mail address. It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate, complete and current information about you and your Mobile Device, and to notify us immediately if any of the information changes, if service to your Mobile Device is terminated, or if you believe that your Mobile Device has been lost or destroyed, or that your Mobile Device has been accessed without your authorization. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your registration for the NSF Alert service if we cannot verify information about your Mobile Device.
4. NSF Alert Service. With the NSF Alert service, we will notify you through a text message delivered to your Mobile Device (an "Alert") when the balance in a Designated Account is insufficient (or "NSF") to cover a check or other item to be paid from that Designated Account.
For more information about the NSF Alert service, including the terms and conditions for this Service:
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions about NSF Alerts on the Bank's Web site at www.bbvacompass.com/go/nsfalerts, which we may update from time to time;
- Text "HELP" to 56355 from your Mobile Device; or
- Call 800-273-1057.
The Bank may change the terms of this Addendum from time to time, as provided in Section 9 below, to add, modify or discontinue one or more terms of the NSF Alert service.
5. Charges for the NSF Alert Service. The Bank does not charge you any fee to enroll in or receive the NSF Alert service. However, when one of more items are presented for payment against insufficient funds, you may be responsible for applicable NSF or overdraft protection charges or fees under your account agreement or any other agreement you have with us. Your telecommunications carrier may charge you to receive an Alert on your Mobile Device or to send or receive information in connection with your use of the NSF Alert service, and its text message and data rates may apply. Check with your telecommunications carrier for information about any text message or data plan you may have and any other available plans
6. Security. Once you have enrolled in the NSF Alert service, you will begin to receive Alerts, as provided in this Addendum. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Mobile Device. Although the NSF Alert service will not display the full account number for any Designated Account, it will display other sensitive information about the Designated Account, including the balance. Anyone with access to your Mobile Device may be able to view this information.
7. Limitations on Use of NSF Alert Service. We hope you will find the NSF Alert service to be useful and reliable. However, it is important that you understand the limitations of this service. The balance of any Designated Account is subject to change at any time, and the information provided to you through the NSF Alert service quickly may become outdated. Because the NSF Alert service is accessible only through your Mobile Device, your access to this service may be limited by the service provided by your telecommunications carrier. Neither we nor any of our Service Providers and Affiliates guarantee: (a) either the delivery or the accuracy of any information requested or provided through the NSF Alert service; or (b) that you will have continuous or uninterrupted access to the NSF Alert service. We are not responsible for any delay, failure or error in your registration for the NSF Alert service or in the transmission or content of information provided through the NSF Alert service. Neither we nor any of our Service Providers and Affiliates will be liable for damages arising from the nondelivery, delayed delivery, or improper delivery of any information through the NSF Alert service, from any inaccurate information provided through the NSF Alert service, from your use of or reliance on any information provided through the NSF Alert service, or from your inability to access the NSF Alert service.
8. Arbitration. Any dispute regarding an Alert or the NSF Alert service is subject to the Arbitration and Waiver of Jury Trial provision in your Account Agreement.
9. Changing this Addendum. We may make changes to the NSF Alert service at any time and without prior notice to you.
10. Terminating NSF Alert Service. You may terminate your participation in the NSF Alert service at any time by calling the Bank at 800-273-1057, or simply texting "STOP" to 56355 from your registered Mobile Device. We may terminate the NSF Alert service or your participation in the NSF Alert service at any time and without prior notice to you