Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of our most frequently asked Mobile Banking questions to help you resolve issues that may arise and get quick answers to many of your questions.
BBVA Compass Mobile Banking gives you the ability to connect to your Online Banking accounts from your mobile device through an application that is downloaded to your device, or via mobile web browser. With BBVA Compass Mobile Banking you can retrieve balances, pay bills, review pending transactions, review posted transactions, view check images, transfer funds between accounts and between banks, find a local branch, contact us for help and more— all from your mobile device without sitting down at a computer or visiting a branch. With Mobile Banking you can bank on the go at your convenience!
You must be a registered Mobile or Online Banking user, have an iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android™ device, Windows® Phone, Kindle Fire™ or BlackBerry® device. You may download our application from the App Storesm, Google Play™, Windows Marketplace™, Amazon Marketplace™ or Blackberry App World™. You can also access a web version of the app at https://online.bbvacompass.com/mobile.
BBVA Compass does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking, and many services are available without any fees. If you choose to use a feature that has a fee, such as wire transfers, the fee amount will be displayed. Your wireless carrier’s message and data rates may also apply.
No. BBVA Compass Mobile Banking does not display full account numbers or other confidential information about your accounts. For example, only the last four digits of your account numbers are displayed along with your account nicknames.
Call us at 1-800-273-1057, or visit the Assistance Center in the Mobile Banking app, where you will find FAQ’s, video demos and other important information.
- Switching Devices: If you purchased a new mobile device, simply use your username and password after you have downloaded the appropriate app.
- Switching Numbers: If you have a new mobile number, simply use your username and password after you have downloaded the appropriate app and then update your mobile number in the Settings section of the App.
Yes. BBVA Compass Mobile Banking allows you to add one primary mobile number and one alternate mobile number.
Yes, you can use Mobile Banking while you're signed in to Online Banking.
You should remove the mobile number from your Online Banking profile immediately. Sign in to Online Banking, go to the Service Center and select Add or Change Mobile Phone Number in the Online Banking Profile section. You can add your mobile number back to your profile when you're ready to use Mobile Banking again. You may also want to contact your wireless carrier so your phone can be deactivated and protected from unwanted charges.
Learn more about what to do when you lose personal information that could potentially result in compromise of your finances.
- Transfers Within Bank: A transfer request received before 11:00 PM CT on a business day is processed the same day. A transfer request received after 11:00 PM CT or on weekends or holidays will be processed no later than the next business day.
- Fast Payments to Credit Card Accounts: Fast Payments are immediately debited from your BBVA Compass payment account and reflected in your Available Credit. For payments submitted after the cutoff time of 5:00 PM CT on a business day, the credit will still reflect in the Available Credit immediately, but payment will process the next business day.
- Standard Payments to Credit Card Accounts: Your payment will be applied to your account on the date selected if it is made before the cutoff time of 5:00 PM CT on a business day. Payments made after 5:00 PM CT or on a non-business day will be submitted for processing the next business day. Effective date of payment will be no earlier than the date submitted. Payments scheduled after the Payment Due Date may result in interest, late fees, and the loss of any grace period.
- Transfers to External Accounts (ACH): A transfer request received before 4:30 PM CT on a business day will be processed that day. Requests received after 4:30 PM CT on a business day or on weekends or holidays will be processed the next business day.
- Transfers to External Accounts (Wires): A wire transfer request must be received between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM CT on a business day and will generally be processed that day. The service is unavailable outside of this time frame.
No, you can only make single, one-time transfers using BBVA Compass Mobile Banking. Recurring transfers must be set up in Online Banking.
Yes, you can view pending and posted transfers by selecting "View Transaction Activity" from the "Payments & Transfers screen."
Simply select the "forgot username" or "forgot password" option from the home screen in the app and follow the steps to reset your log-in credentials.
For assistance with Mobile Banking questions, please call us at 1-800-273-1057.
BBVA Compass Mobile Deposit is an easy way to deposit checks from your mobile phone into your deposit account. With the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app, simply take a photo of your check and securely submit your deposit for processing.*
To use Mobile Deposit, a customer must have a consumer, trust or small business deposit account in good standing. BBVA Compass determines eligibility based on a variety of factors, for example:
- Average account balance
- Returned deposit items
- Non-sufficient funds or overdrawn items
BBVA Compass currently does not charge eligible customers for using Mobile Deposit.
Please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of the app. Windows® Phone and Mobile Web Portal do not have Mobile Deposit functionality at this time.
- iPhone® (4 and up)
- BlackBerry® 10
- Kindle Fire™ tablet
In general, Mobile Deposit can be used to deposit checks that are payable to you and drawn on a U.S. Bank.
U.S. Treasury checks such as tax refunds are NOT eligible for Mobile Deposit.
Check deposits made using Mobile Deposit are subject to verification and holds may vary by account. Mobile deposits will generally be available for withdrawal within 3 business days from the date of your deposit. In general, if we receive and accept a mobile check deposit item before 7 p.m. Central Time on a business day, we consider that day to be the date of your deposit. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day.
If you are using the BBVA Compass Mobile Banking app version 4.0 or greater, you will see your exact hold times on the main Deposit Checks page.
There are limits on the dollar amount of each deposit and the total dollar amount deposited each month. These limits are based upon several criteria, including average account balances. Your individual check limit and total monthly limit are shown every time you view the Deposit Checks section in Mobile Banking.
Once you have deposited the check successfully, you should keep the check in a safe place for 15 days. After 15 days, and once you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, and are reflected in the Available Balance, destroy the check or mark it "VOID".
- Make sure that all other apps running in the background are closed.
- Make sure that the check amount entered matches the amount written.
- Verify that the back of your check is signed (endorsed) and labeled "For deposit only, BBVA Compass account # ______".
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the on-screen corners when capturing your photo.
- Capture the photos in a well lit area.
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking photo.
- Keep the phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photo.
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your mobile deposit.
Mobile Bill Payments and Picture Bill Payments
Simply activate your bill pay service by using the "I want to…" menu to Manage Bill Pay Accounts in the Bill Pay section of the mobile app or mobile web. Select the account you would like to use for making bill payments, then set up payees, and start paying your bills!
Bill Pay for Mobile Banking is available for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android™ device, Windows® Phone, Kindle Fire™ or BlackBerry® device using the mobile app. All other mobile devices can use the Mobile Web version of the app.
At this time, there are no fees associated with standard bill payment services. Next-day payments for non-electronic billers are available for a $19 fee.
You can use Picture Bill Pay to take a picture of the bill payment coupon to add payee information and send payments. You can add bill payees using the "I want to" menu in the Bill Pay section of the app by selecting Manage Payees. You may also add payees in Online Banking.
Picture Bill Payment functionality is available for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch®, Android™ device, Kindle Fire™ or BlackBerry® device users with our Mobile banking app.
Make sure to do the following steps to take a picture:
- Detach the Payment Coupon from the billing statement before taking the picture.
- Place the Payment Coupon on a dark surface.
- Provide enough light.
- Keep the camera flat and stable over the document.
- Center the Payment Coupon within the rectangle.
- The app will take a picture of the coupon automatically.
If the message "Remove the bill coupon from the full page statement before taking the picture" appears, make sure you remove the bill payment coupon (from the 8.5 by 11 inch full bill statement) before taking the picture.
You will be charged an Expedited Bill Payment fee of $19 if you request that a bill payee receive your payment faster than our normal processing time for that payee. If you would like to avoid the fee, simply select a later date for your payment.
Popmoney® in Mobile Banking
Bill Pay registration is required to use this service. Registration can be completed in Mobile or Online Banking.
Popmoney is currently available in all versions of BBVA Compass Mobile Banking apps and in the web version of the app.
You can send money to someone using their email address or mobile number:
- Email address: your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her account.
- Mobile number: a text message will be sent to the recipient on your behalf with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her account. Standard message and data rates may apply.
For standard delivery, the funds will be available 3 business days after you send them.
If you make a payment before 12:00 AM (midnight) CT on a business day, the funds will be debited from your account on the same day.
If you make a payment after 12:00 AM (midnight) CT or on a non-business day, the funds will be debited from your account on the next business day.
For your protection, limits have been created on the number of payments you can make and the amount of money you can send during various time periods.
For your protection, your contacts’ accounts or email addresses in Popmoney may be placed on hold or suspended for various reasons. If this occurs, you may not send money to these accounts while the hold is in place. As an example, if you fail verification when attempting to send money, this would result in a hold.
A personal message is optional and helps to give your contact confidence that they are receiving a payment from someone they know. It is also your opportunity to communicate the purpose of the payment.
No, once you have submitted your payment and a transaction ID has been generated the payment is being processed.
Within Payments & Transfers select the Popmoney tab in the TO section. Select "Choose Contact" and on the next screen choose "Add a Contact". Enter the information requested of the contact you wish to add and select "Save".
No, currently you can only use Popmoney to send money within the U.S. If you send a payment to your contact’s email or mobile phone, your contact will be required to provide a U.S. bank account to receive the funds. Otherwise, the payment cannot be processed and the funds will be returned to your account.
No, currently mobile Popmoney does not provide the ability to schedule recurring or future dated payments.
The recipient has 30 days to provide information needed to deposit the funds if they have not registered for Popmoney previously. After 30 days, the funds will be deposited back into your account. Registered recipients will automatically receive funds in their account if they have turned on auto-deposit. If there are technical issues please call customer service at 1-800-273-1057.
iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® and the App Store℠ are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google, Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
Kindle Fire™ and Amazon Marketplace™ are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows® Phone and Windows Marketplace™ are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The Trademarks BlackBerry® and Blackberry App World™ are owned by Research In Motion Limited and are registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. BBVA Compass is not endorsed, sponsored, affiliated with or otherwise authorized by Research In Motion Limited.
Popmoney® is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Need assistance with Mobile Banking?
For assistance with Mobile Banking questions, please call us at 1-800-273-1057.