Accounts Payable Interface
The Accounts Payable Interface is a batch Purchasing Card payment process that allows you to efficiently pay suppliers who submit invoices. You may continue to use your existing merchant base – you are not required to select from a list of predetermined suppliers.
- Works within your organization's existing invoice approval process
- Works as part of your supplier management discipline
- Provides automation of temporary spend limits on ghost or zero balance cards
- Offers greater efficiency by systematically initiating invoices payments
- Supplies your organization with Compass CentreSuite reporting for reconciliation with your accounts payable system
- Allows up to 99 suppliers to be paid simultaneously
How it works
- Invoices received are processed and approved for payment as per your organization's standard procedures, then select the invoices that should be paid by purchasing card.
- A card payment batch file is generated from your accounts payable system and sent to BBVA Compass via a secure internet connection. The payment file includes supplier payment instructions and parameters for the temporary card spending limits.
- The respective suppliers receive an automated email to notify them of the approved invoices for payment by card. The suppliers are directed to a secure supplier portal to receive the card information needed for entry into their point of sale terminal for payment authorization.
- After a predetermined number of days, or as the ghost or zero balance account reaches a balance within a specified range of the credit limit, the account is reset to its original spend limit ready to be used at another time.