Budgeting and Money Management
Take control of your money with our budgeting and management features.
MyCompass: Account + Finance Management Tool
We make online banking more than just checking your balance. Our online account manager, MyCompass, lets you organize, monitor and plan your finances. You can quickly and easily:
- View and manage all of your financial accounts, even accounts with other banks
- See where your money is going
- Create a budget in minutes
- Reach your financial goals with tracking tools and alerts
- Compare your spending to your life stage peers
Ready to start managing your money?
Occasionally, the unexpected does happen. We help you manage those moments with a BBVA Compass Overdraft Protection Line of Credit1. Link an existing checking account2 to a line of credit in case of an overdraft, and help protect yourself from debit card overages, declined checks and unnecessary fees.
An Overdraft Protection Line of Credit will:
- Save money on NSF fees3 that occur when your account becomes overdrawn
- Ensure important payments are not returned or declined
- Help you easily manage your checking account with automatic credit advances
How does it work? If you accidentally exceed the funds in your checking account, we’ll transfer money to your checking account from your Overdraft Protection Line of Credit (up to your available credit limit) to cover the amount.
- Your monthly payment will be drafted each month from the linked checking account.
- Payment information will be included on your monthly checking account statement.
- For each day a Transfer occurs, a transfer fee of $12.00 will be charged to the linked Checking Account (maximum of one (1) fee per day).
To apply for an Overdraft Protection Line of Credit,
Visit your local branch >
Or, call 1-800-COMPASS (1-800-266-7277)
1Overdraft Protection Line of Credit accounts are subject to credit approval. Certain fees may apply.
2Not all checking accounts are eligible. See your local branch for details.
3Having an Overdraft Protection Line of Credit does not guarantee you against paying NSF fees; your line of credit may not be sufficient to cover all transactions.