Accepting card payments just got easier.
- Simplified Account
- Get Started
Get more convenience, more flexibility and more savings.
Today’s customers are looking for more convenient payment options. So, now it’s more important than ever for your business to make it easy for your customers to pay. Whether it's by traditional credit and debit cards now or smart cards (EMV) and contactless in the near future, we've got you covered.
With BBVA Compass Merchant Services you can accept most major credit cards*, debit (PIN & Signature), EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) and Gifts & Loyalty payments.
Advanced Card Processing Technology
No matter the industry, we have a solution to fit your business. Choose from our traditional terminals, mobile, or online/virtual solutions, based on your needs.
Reporting and Account Management
Receive detailed, comprehensive reports and view your statements online. Plus generate daily or monthly reports based on the data you use the most and then download them into an Excel or printer friendly format for further analysis.
Security and Compliance Programs
Access to online tools and resources to achieve compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards through ControlScan. Data Breach Insurance covers your business in the event of a suspected or actual breach of card holder data.
*Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® Network, American Express®, JCB, Diner’s Club International®, China UnionPay
Mobile App and Card Reader
Accept card payments directly on your mobile device. Simply connect the secure card reader to your compatible mobile device and download the PAYware Mobile App (see sidebar) to start accepting credit card and signature-based debit card transactions.
- Compatible with iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad® and most Android™ devices.
- Extensive reporting available through the online portal, such as transaction detail, post settlement and transaction search.
- Provides end-to-end encryption from the moment a card is swiped so cardholder data never enters the smart device.
- Allows account administrators to activate, manage and even deactivate smart devices that are lost or stolen.
View the most current list of compatible devices.
Merchant Services Special Offer
Receive a complimentary card reader after rebate with a discounted monthly fee.
Get the PayWare App
Smart Card Terminal
The Ingenico® iCT220 gives you the freedom to accept all types of electronic card payments including traditional credit and debit cards now and smart cards (EMV) in the near future.
- Accept magstripe transactions now and EMV (chip card) transactions in the future
- With an optional PIN pad, accept PIN debit transactions as well as mobile and contactless transactions
- Equipped with a powerful processor delivering 4X the processing power of most competitive models
- Certified to support safe and secure card data transmission
Accept payments online with peace of mind using Authorize.Net®.
- Compatible with online, retail, MOTO (Mail Order/Telephone Order) and mobile solutions.
- Offers fraud prevention measures through Address Verification Service (AVS), Card Code Verification and Velocity Filters to protect against authorization fraud.
- Customer billing options include: Manual Rebill, ARB (Automated Recurring Billing), CIM (Customer Information Manager).
- Certified third party shopping cart feature, virtual POS (VPOS) and simple “Checkout Now” buttons.
- Accept and process electronic check payments directly from your website or through the virtual terminal.
Card Processing with One Low Fixed Rate and No Contract
Accepting card payments just got easier with a Merchant Services Simplified Account.
For small to medium sized businesses that are looking for pricing that's easy to understand and the benefit of no contract commitment, this is the account for you. With a Merchant Services Simplified Account, your business has the freedom to process card payments the way you choose. Whether you select a point of sale terminal or a mobile card reader, you'll enjoy one low fixed rate for all your card transactions.
Plus, get these great features:
No Contract Commitment
Be at ease knowing there is no early termination fee.
Next-Business Day Funding **Next business day funding applies to Visa®, MasterCard®, and Discover® transactions transmitted to BBVA Compass prior to 10:00 PM Mountain Time. Transmittals made at or after 10:00 PM Mountain Time will be transferred to your checking account on the 2nd business day.
Visa®, MasterCard®, and Discover® funds are deposited into your BBVA Compass business checking account the next-business day.
*Next business day funding applies to Visa®, MasterCard®, and Discover® transactions transmitted to BBVA Compass prior to 10:00 PM Mountain Time. Transmittals made at or after 10:00 PM Mountain Time will be transferred to your checking account on the 2nd business day.
EMV Chip Technology – Are You Ready?
You may have seen EMV chip cards, but do you know what EMV is and how it affects you?
What exactly is EMV?
EMV is an acronym of Europay, MasterCard® and Visa®, the three companies that joined to provide a worldwide standard for the interaction between chip-based "smart cards" and approved payment devices. Widely adopted around the world, more than 40% of countries use EMV cards and over 70% use EMV payment devices. Until now, the U.S. has not followed this trend, preferring mag-stripe cards.
How does it work?
A chip-based payment transaction occurs when a chip-embedded payment card connects to an EMV-enabled payment device. By using chips as an active part of the payment transaction, EMV cards and devices help prevent credit card fraud from stolen account numbers and cloned payment cards.
What are the benefits of EMV?
- Supports a common global standard and acceptance
- Better authentication of cardholder data than magnetic stripe cards
- Reduces fraud costs and makes payment cards more difficult to counterfeit
- Results in fewer chargebacks because EMV proves that a card was present
- Improves dispute resolution if EMV terminal is used
What should I expect?
October 2015 is the readiness deadline for businesses who accept card payments to be able to accept EMV chip cards. Leading up to this date, businesses should expect their merchant services provider to be in contact with them about upgrading to an EMV-enabled device. As a business owner, you are also able to proactively contact your merchant services provider to ensure that you meet the EMV requirement. At BBVA Compass, we strive to be a leader in payment technologies, and fully support EMV and fraud prevention. We look forward to servicing your EMV needs.
To find out how BBVA Compass can help prepare you for the migration to EMV call 1-800-239-1220 or email email@example.com.
Call us at: 1-800-313-8815
Or let us know how to reach you.
* All fields are required.
MERCHANT SERVICES: Merchant Services accounts subject to approval, including credit and risk approval and the acceptance of the terms and conditions related to such service. See Merchant Services Fee Schedule for complete details. Simplified pricing equates to one stated rate for Visa, MasterCard, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, UnionPay, and major PIN debit networks, regardless of the transaction type. A $20 Minimum Discount Fee will apply for any month in which less than $900 in transactions are processed. All sales proceeds will be deposited less the amount owed for the processing of transactions based on the stated rate. The Compass For Your Cause and/or Business Preferred Merchant Services rebate is not available for Mobility Pack and/or Simplified Pricing. All trademarks or brand names are the properties of their respective holders.